Thursday, April 4, 2013

Holiday Printmaking

     The purpose of this lesson is to introduce 2nd grade students to making light and dark value compositions with a variety of shapes, patterns, and details.  This lesson also introduces skills used in printmaking, such as the use of lines and texture, and different colors to enhance the look of the greeting cards.
Extension Activity:
     I would also use this project in Social Studies.  All holidays have a reason why they are considered "holidays".  I would tell my students more in depth history when each holiday was coming up in the school year, such as the 4th of July (Independence Day) was the day our country gained its independence and Columbus Day is when Christopher Columbus founded America.  I would also include religious holidays, making sure I discussed Christmas, Hanukkah, and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment